- What is a Fiddle?
- Association of North Country Fiddlers of Northern New York State
- Bernunzio Vintage Instruments
- Cajun & Zydeco Radio
- Cajun UK
- Cascade Zydeco
- Center for American Music
- Festival International
- Festival International de Louisiane is a FREE family event celebrating the French cultural heritage of southern Louisiana – primarily a combination of French, African, Caribbean and Hispanic influences.
- Fiddle Discussion Board
- A collection of individual forums to discuss all things related to the fiddle and the violin.
- Fiddle Farmers
- Everything you always wanted to know about fiddling but were afraid to ask.
- fidl Ventures
- Website of 5-time National Fiddle Champion Tony Ludiker. Home to fidl Press (fiddling instruction books/tapes), Northwest Fiddle Contest schedule, Ludiker Fiddle Camp, and the Tony & Darin Fiddle Contest.
- Folk Music Home Page
- From Austin to Tennessee: The History of Country Music
- The Fortissimo Web project provides web space and design services to folk artists, clubs and festivals at no cost.
- Folk Music Society of NY
- The Folk Music Society of New York, Inc. / New York Pinewoods Folk Music Club runs concerts, weekends, classes, singing parties, and get-togethers, all with an emphasis on traditional folk music of all flavors.
- Offers information about artists and venues, resources for musicians and lists pointers to other folk-related World Wide Web and Internet information.
- Fret ‘n Fiddle – Joe Dobbs
- “Music From the Mountains” radio show in West Virginia.
- Hawkesbury National Fiddle Festival (Aust)
- Homespun Occasions
- I Hear America Singing/PBS Great Performances
- A Program that Jay & Molly appeared on. Great Site! Pictures from the show, sound clips and reference material.
- Let’s Zydeco!
- David Levine Workshops
- Information on publications and workshops for students, parents and staff in school systems and communities on social skills, reducing risk and building resiliency.
- Louisiana Folk Roots
- Dewey Balfa helped Jay & Molly establish Ashokan’s Cajun program at Southern Week in the 1980s. Christine and Dirk met at Ashokan in the 90s and Jay & Molly were privileged to be involved with the first Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week in 1999.
- Home to KimDem Publishing and RainBows violin bows.
- National Public Radio
- NPR serves nearly 20 million listeners weekly via more than 680 NPR member stations. NPR also distributes programming to listeners in Europe, Asia, Australia, and Africa via NPR Worldwide, to military installations overseas via American Forces Network, and throughout Japan via cable.
- Native Ground Music
- Native Ground Music publishes books, cassetes and CD’s focusing on different musical genres of the 19th century to include railroad, Civil War, cowboy, pioneer, nature, children and more.
- Old-Time Fiddle Festival
- 3 Stages of Old-Time, Irish, Bluegrass, Blues, Contradancing, English Country Dance, Ceili, Clogging, and Sing-alongs.
- Old Time Herald
- The Online Music School
- Featuring the music of master fiddle player and fiddle maker Jim McKillop in Video/DVD and CDs.
- Orangeville Fiddle and Step Dance Camp
- The Portland Collection Homepage
- Internet home of “The Portland Collection” book, available on our Books page.
- Prairie Home Companion – Garrison Keillor
- Rocky Mountain Fiddle Camp
- SF Bayou
- Sheet Music Online
- Find all your favorite sheet music. Musical instruments at low prices!
- Spencertown Academy
- Explore all aspects of songwriting, music, singing & the music business at this Summer Songwriting Camp!
- WAMC Radio
- Northeast Public Radio Station in Albany, NY. It is now ‘broadcasting’ on internet radio via RealAudio. You can listen right now if you have RealAudio
- MUSIC PRODUCTION
- Nevessa Production
- Recording studio where Jay & Molly’s album “The Lover’s Waltz” was recorded.
- Oasis CD Duplication
- A Musician’s Guide to CD & Cassette Duplication & Promotion.
- Vincitore’s Pianos & Organs
- Watch City Arts
- A producer of fine folk music concerts in the Greater Boston area.
- The primary site for ballroom dance information in Western Massachusetts and the New York Capital District — featuring a calendar of dances in the area, lists of instructors, and links to other ballroom dance information on the Internet. Updated weekly or more often.
- CLOG, Inc
- Country Dance New York
- English Country and Contra dancing at Metropolitan Duane Hall.
- Dance Flurry
- A festival of music and dance held yearly in February in beautiful and historic Saratoga Springs, New York.
- DanceSpots Network
- Locate Dance Spots and Teachers throughout the US & Canada!
- Dancing and Chickens!
- Gerry & Chuck’s Square Dance Homepage
- Hoedown Productions
- Your source for country, folk, and western entertainment.
- The Lindy Library
- A collection of Lindy Hop steps.
- The National & New England Swing Dance Server
- Everything swing including the National Swing Dance Calendar, Teacher Directory, Partner Network, Classified Ads, Discussion Forums, music recommendations and more.
- Your information resource for dancing in the Delaware Valley.
- Tompkins County Country Dances
- Information about the Tompkins County Country Dances in Ithaca, NY as well as other very interesting links.
- Victoria’s Revenge Dancefest
- Spring contra dance weekend in Cape May, NJ (May 11 & 12, 2001) and American Buffalo Fall dance weekend at Buffalo Gap, WV (Sept. 14-16, 2001).
- Yehoodi is a website for the hardcore lindyhopper with the intent of fostering the community online and off. Founded in Sept 1998 by Manu Smith and Frank Dellario, it is now managed by a volunteer staff of over six administrators (Yehoodistrators) and various technical advisors covering news, calendar events, a discussion board, a biweekly talk show and a 24/7 internet radio show.
- CIVIL WAR
- The Civil War Home Page
- Gettysburg College Civil War Institute
- Guide to the Civil War
- Western & Swing Week Pictures
- New York Swing Dance Server, includes photos of Western & Swing Week by Carlos Cardona.
- Southern Week Pictures
- George Touchstone has put up some wonderful pictures he took at Southern Week.
- Ted Crane’s Northern Week Pages
- Ted’s pictures from Northern Week.
- Thomas Locker
- Award winning painter and author. Painter of the cover art for our CD “The Catskill Collection.”
- BUY CDs
- Online warehouse of books and music CD’s, including several by Jay & Molly.
- Online discount music warehouse offering over 300,000 titles by over 50,000 artists, including several by Jay & Molly.
- Public Radio Music Source
- You can get most of our recordings and many others from them online.
- REGIONAL – HUDSON VALLEY, NY
- Catskill History, Art Reproductions, Original Artwork, and Regional Interest.
- HISTORY AND CULTURE
- PBS American Experience: Ulysses S. Grant
- Tradition Magazine
- Tradition is a quarterly magazine featuring mainly British traditions & customs; music, song & dance; history, myth & legend, with worldwide CD reviews and listings of festivals and diary dates.